Sunday, June 17, 2007

What's in a Name?

I had a hard time coming up with a name for my blog. Happily I settled upon this one.......bally-what you might be asking??

Webster's Universal Encyclopedic Dictionary, 2002 edition defines ballyhoo as as "noun with unknown origin" meaning "1. a noisy attention-getting demonstration or talk" or "2. flamboyant, exaggerated or sensational advertising or propaganda"

What word could better describe a blog (that thing which demands an audience/readership) especially a blog of a self-proclaimed bookworm like myself?

I prefer to read the words of others not write the words myself!!

Nonetheless I have risen to the challenge of "23 Things" even though I am out of my comfort zone to a certain degree (i.e. new technology, staying on schedule & the self-discipline of blogging). I look forward to tackling the challenges ahead.

Until next time!

Kelly

1 comment:

HCPL Techincal Trainer said...

Bookworm, I always recommend your blog to people just starting out. I love your pictures everywhere.