Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Social Bookmarking??????

So I've gone on to www.bloglines.com to track the blogs of other participants & those in my homeschool group. I have to admit I find the site confusing. I need to explore more in a more focused mindset.

What I was really interested in, though, is an online place to store my bookmarks. I guess I wasn't paying attention because one of the sites that I found was named at the tech fair.....more about that later.

This is what I have found so far: www.sitejot.com --very bare bones. You create categories & then save your bookmarked sites into your categories. Next I found www.del.icio.us.......what an interesting name. I created an account with them and went to work. I like the site! More bells & whistles than sitejot. I like the snazzy toolbar icons & I am able to share my bookmarks with others, create a wishlist of sites for others to view, add bookmarks with the touch of one icon, make certain sites private (not able to be viewed by others).......social bookmarking......nice.

Now I just need a site that can organize all of my user id's and passwords or is that what paper is for????????????????????

1 comment:

Lindabeekeeper said...

A password manager would be a great idea! Of course, the computer security mavens would have a stroke. But, as you suggested, keeping track of usernames and passwords may be one of the larger challenges of technology.